Personal injuries can occur during vehicle collisions, slip and fall accidents, and even while walking through your neighborhood. When those injuries are substantial, or catastrophic, the injured person and their family are going to require long-term care that can physically, emotionally, and financially overwhelming.
When anyone in our community is hurt by another’s negligence, our Las Cruces catastrophic accident attorneys provide experienced legal representation to pursue the financial recovery they deserve.
What Is The Difference Between Personal & Catastrophic Injuries?
Personal injuries are unique to each person who is hurt in an accident and can include everything from a broken arm or rib to whiplash. Each of these injuries requires a complete evaluation by medical professionals, so the injured person knows how to proceed and focus on their recovery.
Personal injuries also require an experienced personal injury attorney who will review your claim and pursue your complete financial needs before negotiating a settlement on your behalf.
When catastrophic injuries occur, the damages are far-reaching because of their elevated potential for complications. These long-term injuries change the lives of both the injured and their families, which places them in a legal category of their own.
Catastrophic injuries can include, but are not limited to:
- Brain injuries
- Multiple broken bones and extensive orthopedic injuries
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Serious nerve or ligament damage
- Severe burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Catastrophic injuries require a focused legal approach to pursue and secure full financial compensation.
Determining The Extent of Catastrophic Injuries & Damages
Catastrophic injuries are extensive and often permanent and require an experienced review of each person’s ongoing medical care, lost wages, and the overall impact the injuries have — and will continue to have — on their quality of life.
The financial damages from catastrophic injuries pose greater potential for significant losses, including:
- Short- and long-term medical care including emergency treatment, surgery, multiple procedures, rehabilitation and therapy, and in-home care
- Current and future lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Financial losses to cover injury-related expenses and incomes for family members who are charged with caretaking responsibilities
Catastrophic injuries also require an investigation into their long-term consequences that can include:
- Emotional suffering, psychological injuries, and mental anguish
- Loss of sensory or bodily function
- Lost emotional support, companionship, and consortium
- Lost quality or enjoyment of life
- Physical or cognitive deficits
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disability
Pursuing The Insurance Company For The Compensation You Deserve
Catastrophic injuries lead to great challenges for the injury victims and their families.
The complex nature of these injuries requires an experienced Dona Ana County personal injury attorney to take on the insurance companies and their lawyers to pursue the financial recovery necessary to cover your expenses now and going forward.
Our approach will include partnering with experts who will testify to the permanency of our client’s injuries, including:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Medical and rehabilitation professionals
- Witnesses and law enforcement officials
- Economic analysts to calculate all damages and future costs
Because of the higher recovery amounts required for catastrophic injuries, they often require our personal injury attorneys in Las Cruces to litigate these cases inside the courtroom.
When this happens, our clients can rely on our proven trial lawyers who have the resources and ability to effectively present their claims in court.
If you or someone you love has suffered a catastrophic injury, do not face the negligent party or their insurance company alone. Contact our experienced Las Cruces personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Samuel I. Kane, P.A. by calling (575) 541-3004 to schedule a free consultation today. We are here to help you and your family pursue the maximum financial recovery available for your injuries.