Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Las Cruces, NM
Bicycle accidents can cause serious personal injuries when they involve collisions with motorized vehicles by negligent or reckless operators of vehicles, and/or drivers under the influence of drugs or intoxicating substances.
The most common situation leading to serious bicyclist injuries involve a distracted motorist operating a car, truck, tractor-trailer, or motorcycle. These negligent operators are unable to focus on the road when they use their cell phones, using text messaging while driving, or simply fail to look out for cyclists on the road.
If you or a family member is involved in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Special Rules for Cyclists in NM
Cyclists are required to obey all traffic laws and not create unreasonable safety risks while on the road. While not required of cyclists, wearing helmets are strongly recommended in order to minimize risks of serious injuries.
In most states, including New Mexico, a motorized vehicle must maintain a distance of at least 5 feet from a cyclist when they share a common roadway and the cyclist is near the white line demarcating the highway or road boundary. Vehicles that approach cyclists within the five feet margin may be held liable for committing an act of negligence and a criminal act.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Bicycle accidents expose riders to risks of serious injuries such as:
- Head injuries
- Broken or fractured shoulder blades, arms, and/or legs
- Other less serious injuries that are associated with bicycle accidents include road rashes, cuts, scrapes, and bruising. In unfortunate situations, bicyclist’s injuries can lead to death.
The nature and extent of a bicyclist’s injuries will depend on several factors such as:
- The driver’s speed
- The location of the impact
- Whether or not the cyclist was wearing a helmet
Our Bicycle Accident Experience in Las Cruces Cases
Our Las Cruces law firm has extensive experience in bicycle accidents, handling numerous cases resulting in serious injuries. Las Cruces bicycle accident attorney Mr. Samuel I. Kane is active in the local cycling community, making our law firm the first choice of local cyclists who are injured due to the negligent or reckless behavior of other motorists.
Our Las Cruces personal injury law office for immediate assistance after any of the following:
- Auto Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accident
- Dog Bite
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Spine Injury
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
Representing Injured Cyclists in Las Cruces
Law Office of Samuel I. Kane, P.A. love the cycling sport whether on the road or on the mountains. We have years of experience in handling bicycle accident claims, helping clients obtain medical care from competent medical providers even without payment until our clients’ claims are resolved.
We aggressively pursue bicycle accident claims in order to obtain adequate compensation for our clients and shape public policies for increasing bicyclist awareness and safety.
Contact our experienced Las Cruces bicycle accident attorneys for a free consultation at 575-526-5263.
- Texas METRORail Trains Involved in Two Fatal Bicycle Accidents in One Week
- Deadly Bicycle Accidents in New Mexico
- Truck Sought in Albuquerque Hit-And-Run Bicycle Incident
- Top Three Las Cruces Personal Injury Mistakes
- When to Call a Personal Injury Attorney
- New Mexico Supreme Court Rules on Personal Injury Statute of Limitations