Why the Increase in Pedestrian Deaths?According to experts, there are several factors to which we can trace the increase in pedestrian fatalities. These include:
What Are the Best Ways to Avoid Being a Victim of a Pedestrian Accident?
- Put the phone down! Keep your cell phone in your pocket when waiting at an intersection and when crossing the street.
- Keep your earbuds at a lower volume. Listening to excessively loud music on your headphones or earbuds can make you oblivious to the world around you and prevent you from hearing a car coming behind you.
- Be extra alert and make sure to look both ways before you cross the street.
- Use caution when walking after drinking. Just like with driving, alcohol impairs your judgment, sense of direction, and reaction time when you are walking. Have a sober person walk you home or call a cab.
- Wear reflective clothing if you are walking at night so drivers are more likely to see you on the road. Cross the street near a light whenever possible.
Personal Injury Attorneys Specializing in Pedestrian AccidentsUnfortunately, New Mexico sits within the top five worst states for pedestrian deaths per capita, and injuries sustained as the result of pedestrian accidents can be devastating for victims and their families. If you or a family member has suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, it is vital for you to sit down with an experienced attorney to discuss your case and your game plan for moving forward. Here in Las Cruces, New Mexico, the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane have years of experience litigating a wide variety of personal injury matters, including pedestrian accidents. Our team of dedicated attorneys is ready to help you protect your rights and get the justice you deserve for your injuries.
We invite you to call today to schedule a free consultation with our team about your case at (575) 541-3004.Related Links: Causes of pedestrian accidents Pedestrian Accident Takes Life of Young Woman New Mexico’s High Pedestrian Accident Rate Police Investigating Albuquerque Pedestrian Accident, Driver Not Charged Top Three Las Cruces Personal Injury Mistakes When to Call a Personal Injury Attorney New Mexico Supreme Court Rules on Personal Injury Statute of Limitations