We ONLY Get Paid When YOU WIN! – Call Now and Schedule Your FREE Consultation!
Las Cruces

Holding Nursing Homes Accountable Through Personal Injury Claims

Many people in the United States today have at least one relative living in a nursing home situation. These facilities are often seen as a safe place for senior citizens to live out their last years in peace, without the weight of responsibility falling entirely on their loved ones. There are medical professionals on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week to ensure they are fed and given all their medications.

This should be a comforting thought for their families who worry that they will receive a phone call telling them their parent or grandparent has fallen and been injured. But what happens when something goes wrong in the nursing home and they’re given the wrong medication? What happens when they’re accidentally given too much or too little of their prescriptions?

It is cases like these that demand swift and decisive legal action to protect the residents from further harm through careless treatment from the nursing home workers. In a situation like this, it’s possible that the resident and their family may have a case for a personal injury claim against the nursing home.

Different Types of Personal Injury Cases

Though most people associate personal injury lawsuits with accidents such as a slip and fall, there are actually a variety of different types of cases that can be tried under that category. Injuries caused by someone else’s negligence falls under this category. Some examples include:

  • Slip and Fall (with injury)
  • Injury from Automobile Accident
  • Injury from Bicycle or Motorcycle Collision
  • Injury from Truck or 18-wheeler Accident

These are just a few of the potential causes of injuries that might qualify for a personal injury claim. In the example of our nursing home medication error, this constitutes a potential claim if your loved one was harmed due to an error in dispensing their medication by someone on staff from the nursing home.

If you believe this to be the case, the first step you should follow is consulting an attorney who has experience dealing with personal injury cases. Our lawyers at the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane have an extensive background in handling personal injury claims.

Once you have consulted with the attorney, he will then need to acquire the medical records for your relative in order to determine whether or not you have a case.

If you’d like to consult with one of our highly experienced attorneys regarding a personal injury claim, we invite you to call the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane today to schedule that consultation at 575-541-3004