Who Is Responsible for My Las Cruces Bus Accident Injuries?
At the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane, our Las Cruces bus accident attorneys understand that when our clients are injured on a public or private bus, they may have more questions than answers about who can be held accountable for their injuries.
The key component to a successful personal injury claim is determining liability, which could become more complex when pursuing a municipality or private company for the financial recovery requirements caused by a bus accident.
Additionally, in some cases, there may be more than one party to blame for the collision, which will require partnering with an experienced Las Cruces, New Mexico bus accident lawyer to pursue results.
What Are the Most Common Types of Bus Accidents in New Mexico?
In Las Cruces and throughout New Mexico, people are injured on all types of buses, which can include:
- Public city buses, including RoadRUNNER transit
- Private buses, including those traveling to churches and other private events
- School buses, including those picking up and dropping off students during regular school hours, and those transporting students to extra-curricular activities and team sporting events
- Motorcoaches, including those that carry dozens of passengers on long trips like Greyhound buses and Megabus operators
- Shuttle buses, including those that transport large numbers of people to and from hotels, airports, or other establishments
The most common bus accident with injury causes can include:
- Bus company negligence and failing to use proper hiring practices or training requirements
- Bus driver fatigue
- Buses colliding with passenger vehicles
- Buses failing to yield to a pedestrian right of way, hitting one or more walkers/joggers
- Buses leaving the roadway to avoid a collision with another vehicle
- Distracted bus drivers
- Inexperienced bus drivers
- Injuries caused by swerving or jarring responses to potential accidents
- Intoxicated bus drivers
- Onboard injuries caused by unsafe or dangerous interiors, including seats, steps, walkways, or other components
- Vehicle handling problems and equipment defects
- Weight distribution problems affecting stability
Who Can Be Held Liable for My Las Cruces Bus Accident Injuries?
No matter how your bus accident occurs, seek medical care right away and follow all physician instructions before contacting our experienced truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces, so we can establish the damages caused by the bus accident to pursue the negligent party for the financial recovery you deserve.
The liable party can include one or more of the following:
- Another driver who caused the bus accident
- The bus driver
- The bus company or operating service
- The bus manufacturer
- The bus maintenance company that failed to provide proper services
Call Us For A Free Consultation
If you have been hurt in a New Mexico bus accident, contact our experienced Las Cruces personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Samuel I. Kane, P.A. by calling (575) 526-5263 to schedule a free consultation today. We will sort through the details of your bus accident to determine who is liable for your injuries, so you can focus on the care you need to recover from your injuries.