Few injuries can be as devastating for victims and their families as spinal cord injuries. These injuries can alter every aspect of a victim’s life, including their ability to earn a living in their chosen profession, their enjoyment of life through participation in sports and hobbies, and even their ability to perform basic personal grooming tasks.
Find skilled legal help after a New Mexico spinal cord injury accident
Treating these injuries and caring for victims can be extremely costly. These costs can persist for months, years, or even decades after the accident that resulted in the spinal injury. New Mexico victims of spinal cord injuries are entitled to money damages to compensate them for the many ways that their injury has cost them money and diminished their quality of life. In order to recover the damages they’re owed, victims are urged to contact the seasoned Las Cruces spinal cord injury lawyer Samuel I. Kane for a free evaluation of their claim as soon as possible after a spinal cord injury accident.
What types of compensation are available after a spinal cord injury?
Since spinal cord injuries can be so costly to treat, victims are often entitled to multiple types of compensation from those responsible for their injuries. Victims may have a right to damages for:
- Medical expenses: Even with health insurance, victims often rack up thousands of dollars in expenses paid toward doctor’s co-pays, costs of emergency medical transportation, medical equipment and experimental treatments to repair severe spinal damage. These are expenses that the at-fault parties should bear, not the victims.
- Rehabilitation costs: Many New Mexico spinal cord injury victims suffer such severe injuries that they require rehabilitation and physical therapy treatments simply to be able to walk and move as they did before their accident.
- Lost wages: When spinal cord injury victims are unable to return to their previous line of work immediately after an accident, they are entitled to compensation for the time spent away from their jobs. When victims are left with such severe injuries that they may never be able to return to their previous lines of work, they may be able to recover costs for lost future earnings or job training costs.
- Pain and suffering: Victims are entitled to money damages for the physical pain and suffering caused by their spinal cord injuries, which can be considerable.
- Emotional trauma: The harm of a spinal cord accident can extend far beyond the physical and financial effects on victims and their families. Accidents can leave victims with serious emotional distress, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, or the pain caused by a disfiguring injury. A dedicated Las Cruces spinal cord injury attorney will seek damages for all forms of injury caused by a major accident, ensuring that victims can afford the treatment they need to recover fully.
Get Help after a Spinal Cord Injury in Las Cruces
If you or someone you love has suffered damage to their spinal cord in a Las Cruces, New Mexico personal injury accident, find out if you’re a good candidate to file an injury claim by contacting the dedicated, compassionate, and trial-ready Las Cruces spine injury lawyer Samuel I. Kane for a free consultation at 575-526-5263.
- Texas Woman Suffers Spinal Injury in Severe Three-Vehicle Collision
- Distant Hope for Spinal Injury Victims as Brain Microchips Cure Paralyzed Monkeys
- Jury Exonerates Maryland Woman in Connection with Alleged Spinal Injury
- Top Three Las Cruces Personal Injury Mistakes
- When to Call a Personal Injury Attorney
- New Mexico Supreme Court Rules on Personal Injury Statute of Limitations